Your baby’s eyelids begin to part and the eyes are open for short periods of time. The lungs are continuing to develop; Baby begins to practise breathing and may have the hiccups soon.
During this last month of the second trimester, your baby’s growth becomes more refined. Previously, your baby grew in broad, bold strokes, forming entire organs and systems but now those organs are being fine-tuned. Footprints and fingerprints continue to form. Your baby’s immune system is also developing and beginning to create its own antibodies.
13 – 14 inches, the length of a basic MacBook Pro.
1 – 2 pounds.
# Tips for mum:
Mummies-to-be usually gain weight around this time and you may feel overheated and sweaty as your blood supply increases. As the baby begins to press upwards, you’ll feel discomfort in your ribcage and experience shortness of breath from now onwards.
- Maintain a correct posture and protect your feet and joints with a well-structured shoe
- Do your pre-natal exercise regularly to maintain flexibility
- Put your feet up as much as possible
- Take iron and calcium supplements
- Try sleeping on your sides